The Village of Kildeer is responsible for permitting sanitary sewer line repairs through the foundation walls to a point ten feet (10′) outside the principal building. Below you will find a summary of requirements for Sewer Repair within the Village of Kildeer.
***Sanitary sewer line repairs occurring more than ten feet (10′) from the principal building require a Lake County Public Works permit- Lake County Public Works Permits and Licenses
Required items to submit with application:
- Building Permit Application (signed by the homeowner)
- Plat of survey indicating the location of the sewer line repair
- Copy of contract with scope of work and total cost of project
- Copy of Plumbers state license
- Contractor Registration Form, $1,000,000 Certificate of Insurance listing homeowner as the additional insured pursuant to a written contract.
- The Village of Kildeer follows the 2014 Illinois State Plumbing Code with local amendments.
- Sanitary and storm sewer lines through foundation walls to a point ten feet (10′) outside the building shall be ductile iron.
How much will my permit cost?
- Processing fee $75.00
- Permit fee $100.00
- Underground plumbing before backfill
- Final Grading
- Call before 4:00 p.m. to schedule an inspection a minimum of 24 hrs. in advance. You can request an a.m. or p.m. inspection, Monday thru Friday.
- Give the permit number and address when calling in for inspections.
- If the inspector needs to return more than once for the same phase of any required inspection, a $100.00 re-inspection fee is required to be paid before re-inspection.
- No re-inspection on the same phase of construction will be done in the same 24-hour period.
This handout is written as a guide to common questions and problems. It is not intended nor shall it be considered a complete set of requirements. If you have any questions, please contact the Building & Zoning Department at 847-438-6000 for further information.Print This Page