Below you will find a summary of the code requirements for Water Heater Replacements within the Village of Kildeer.
Required items to submit with application:
- Building Permit Application (signed by homeowner)
- Indicate the size of the water heater. If replacing with a larger heater, size the vent accordingly.
- Indicate the size of the room or basement where the water heater is located.
- List the BTU rating of the water heater and any other appliances within the room. Indicate if there are existing combustion air openings or a louvered door in the room.
- Indicate the size of the openings. Manufacturer’s specification sheets.
- Copy of contract with scope of work and total cost of project
- Completed Contractor Registration Application, $1,000,000 Certificate of Insurance listing homeowner as the additional insured pursuant to a written contract. There is a $50 fee for registration.
- If an electric water heater is installed; the circuit breaker shall be dedicated and properly sized for the water heater (all wiring in metal pipe).
- All work shall be installed in compliance with the 2011 National Electric Code, 2014 Illinois State Plumbing Code and the 2009 International Residential & Mechanical Code.
How much will my permit cost?
- Permit Processing Fee $25
- Permit Fee $75
- Final inspection (after all work is complete)
- Call before 4:00 p.m. to schedule an inspection a minimum of 24 hrs. in advance. You can request an a.m. or p.m. inspection, Monday thru Friday.
- Give the permit number and address when calling in for inspections.
- If the inspector needs to return more than once for the same phase of any required inspection, a $100.00 re-inspection fee is required to be paid before re-inspection.
- No re-inspection on the same phase of construction will be done in the same 24-hour period.
This handout is written as a guide to common questions and problems. It is not intended nor shall it be considered a complete set of requirements. If you have any questions, please contact the Building & Zoning Department at 847-438-6000 for further information.Print This Page