Below you will find a summary of the code requirements for Septic System Repair within the Village of Kildeer.
Required items to submit with application:
- Building Permit Application (signed by homeowner)
- Plat of Survey -1 copy
- A copy of the Approved Permit and Plan from the Lake County Health Department.
- Copy of Plumbers state license.
- Copy of contract with scope of work and total cost of project
- Contractor Registration Form, $1,000,000 Certificate of Insurance listing homeowner as the additional insured pursuant to a written contract. There is a $50 fee for registration.
- Homeowners Association Approval (if necessary, written letter or email approval)
- The Village of Kildeer follows the 2014 Illinois State Plumbing Code with local amendments.
How much will my permit cost?
- Processing fee $75.00
- Permit fee $75.00
- Final (after a copy of the Approved Final Inspection from the Lake County Health Department has been submitted)
- Call before 4:00 p.m. to schedule an inspection a minimum of 24 hrs. in advance. You can request an a.m. or p.m. inspection, Monday thru Friday.
- Give the permit number and address when calling in for inspections.
- If the inspector needs to return more than once for the same phase of any required inspection, a $100.00 re-inspection fee is required to be paid before re-inspection.
- No re-inspection on the same phase of construction will be done in the same 24-hour period.
This handout is written as a guide to common questions and problems. It is not intended nor shall it be considered a complete set of requirements. If you have any questions, please contact the Building & Zoning Department at 847-438-6000 for further information.