Below you will find a summary of the code requirements for Signs within the Village of Kildeer. No sign(s) shall be placed in a public right-of-way or parkway.
Required items to submit with application:
- Building Permit Application
- Letter of approval to install sign from owner of property or their agent/representative
- Name and address of business
- For freestanding or monument signs, three (3) plats of survey and/or site plans showing proposed location of sign, including setbacks.
- Contractor Registration Form, $1,000,000 Certificate of Insurance listing tenant and property owner as the additional insured pursuant to a written contract. There is a $50 fee for contractor registration.
- Three complete sets of plans. Drawings to include:
- Elevations and dimensions of sign (width of sign, height from ground)
- Details of footings, foundation, base and method of attachment.
- Size of building wall frontage facing street.
- Amount of existing signage to remain
- Type of illumination with electrical details
- Color of sign(s).
How much will my permit cost?
- $75 Plan review fee
- $160 plus $1 per square foot of sign area for non-illuminated
- $200 plust $1 per square foot of sign area for illuminated
- ONLY TWO TEMPORARY SIGNS ARE ALLOWED PER YEAR PER OCCUPANCY.
- NOT TO EXCEED A PERIOD OF 7 DAYS
- $50 REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT, $50 PERMIT FEE
This handout is written as a guide to common questions and problems. It is not intended nor shall it be considered a complete set of requirements. If you have any questions, please contact the Building & Zoning Department at 847-438-6000 for further information.Print This Page