Below you will find a summary of code requirements for window and door replacement within the Village of Kildeer.
Required items to submit with application:
- Building Permit Application (signed by homeowner)
- Contractor Registration Form, $1,000,000 Certificate of Insurance listing homeowner as the additional insured pursuant to a written contract. There is a $50 fee for registration.
- Copy of contract with scope of work and total cost of project
- Homeowners Association Approval (if necessary, written letter or email approval)
- Submit details of the windows and doors that are being installed in regards to type, location, size and safety glazing.
- Submit header detail if the existing opening in being enlarged or a new opening is being created.
- The Village of Kildeer follows the 2009 International Residential Code.
How much will my permit cost?
- Processing fee $25
- Permit fee $75.00
- Re-framing will require a plan review fee of $75
- Insulation Inspection (prior to trim)
- Call before 4:00 p.m. to schedule an inspection a minimum of 24 hrs. in advance. You can request an a.m. or p.m. inspection, Monday thru Friday.
- Give the permit number and address when calling in for inspections.
- If the inspector needs to return more than once for the same phase of any required inspection, a $100.00 re-inspection fee is required to be paid before re-inspection.
- No re-inspection on the same phase of construction will be done in the same 24-hour period.
This handout is written as a guide to common questions and problems. It is not intended nor shall it be considered a complete set of requirements. If you have any questions, please contact the Building & Zoning Department at 847-438-6000 for further information.Print This Page