Below you will find code requirements for Automatic Lawn Sprinkler Systems within the Village of Kildeer. The Village follows the 2014 Illinois Plumbing Code with local amendments.
Required items to submit with application:
- Building Permit Application (signed by the homeowner)
- 3 copies of the plat of survey with the location of the proposed system components drawn CLEARLY and ACCURATELY including the locations of the RPZ and the rain/moisture sensor.
- Digital plans (PDF) of floor plans must be submitted to the Village.
- The manufacturer’s specifications for the irrigation system and RPZ Assembly – 1 copy.
- A plumbing diagram including the specific location of the potable water connection, RPZ, shut-off and drain-down valves, the location of all fain/moisture sensor location and distance from the water connection to the RPZ. Indicate all pipe sizing and type of material to be used including total number of sprinkler heads or terminals and their locations.
- Copy of Plumbers state license.
- Copy of contract with scope of work and total cost of project
- Contractor Registration Application, $1,000,000 Certificate of Insurance listing homeowner as the additional insured pursuant to a written contract. There is a $50 fee for registration.
- Homeowners Association Approval (if necessary, written letter or email approval)
How much will my permit cost?
- Plan review fee $75
- Permit fee $100
- Final Plumbing
- RPZ Certification
- Call before 4:00 p.m. to schedule an inspection a minimum of 24 hrs. in advance. You can request an a.m. or p.m. inspection, Monday thru Friday.
- Give the permit number and address when calling in for inspections.
- If the inspector needs to return more than once for the same phase of any required inspection, a $100.00 re-inspection fee is required to be paid before re-inspection.
- No re-inspection on the same phase of construction will be done in the same 24-hour period.
This handout is written as a guide to common questions and problems. It is not intended nor shall it be considered a complete set of requirements. If you have any questions, please contact the Building & Zoning Department at 847-438-6000 for further information.