ITEMS TO BE SUBMITTED WITH APPLICATION:
1) Three (3) sets of plans (1/4” = 1’; Maximum size = 24X36) drawn and stamped by an Illinois registered architect.
(Revised if required by #7 below).
2) Two (2) Lake County Health Department approved septic, and/or well plans and permit. Lake County Public Works provides sanitary sewer service to certain areas of the Village of Kildeer. In these areas the Village building permit shall not be issued until the necessary LCPW permit is provided. Please contact LCPW for further information.
3) Three (3) site/plot plans showing: (1″:20′ minimum scale).
a) existing and proposed building/structures, foundation elevations, sidewalks, driveways, culverts and underground facilities to include structure setbacks from all property lines.
b) Existing topography.
c) Proposed grading as reasonable as possible.
d) Specific quantity in number of trees and general location of all existing trees six inches in diameter or larger, measured twelve inches above ground, all natural features, all existing and proposed public rights-of-way and easements. Such plan shall also indicate those trees that are proposed to be removed, and method of protecting trees which are to remain, and proposed tree replacement plan. (See below for requirements).
e) Certification by surveyor/engineer of existing topography.
NOTE: One set of plans and two site plans will be forwarded by the Building Dept. to the Village Engineer. The Village Engineer will contact the submitting engineer, surveyor or applicant if additional or amended information is needed. If re-submission is necessary, the applicant will be responsible for re-submitting three amended site plans directly to the Village Engineer Geoff Perry, of Gewalt-Hamilton, 625 Forest Edge Drive, Vernon Hills, IL 60061. A full as-built topographic survey will be required for each lot prior to issuing a final certificate of occupancy.
4) One (1) Building Permit Application, fully completed, signed by property owner. A separate application is required for a deck.
5) 8-way panoramic pictures taken from center of site.
6) Material samples: roof, siding, trim, front/rear/garage colors; close-up digital photo of brick and/or stone
7) Approval of subdivision Architecture Review Committee of house plans (if applicable)
8) Building Permit deposit of $1,000.00
9) Wooded Lots Only: Five (5) Tree Preservation Plans for Tall Oaks – Lots 34 – 56
10) Declaration of Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions for driveways
11) General Contractors and subcontractors must submit a completed Contractor Registration Application, $1,000,000 certificate of liability insurance listing the property owner as additional insured pursuant to a written contract, and a $50 registration fee.
New Residential Building Construction Process:
Upon receipt of application and all related materials, the Village Office will schedule a review before the Architecture Committee. The Architecture Committee agenda closes one week prior to their meeting; meetings are held on an ad hoc basis. Applicants will be informed of date and time of meeting and are encouraged to attend.
Following recommendation of the Architecture Committee, the Village Office will forward the materials to the Building Department and Village Engineer for review and approval.
The Building Department may require additional review by the Village Engineer or other expert consultants. The applicant will be responsible for the payment of said consultant’s review fees.
The Village Office will inform the applicant when the approved Building Permit is ready for issuance. All contractors and subcontractors must be registered with the Building Department prior to permit issuance.
Upon completion of footing/foundation, the Builder shall forward a spotted survey prior to framing, including foundation elevation, to the Village Office. Failure to do so may result in red-tag stop work order and fine.
A copy of the Lake County Health Department installation approval/testing of the septic, sewer, and/or well and the well driller’s invoice must be submitted to the Village Office prior to the issuance of a Certificate of Occupancy.
Building Setbacks – Typical R-1 zone setbacks are 75′ front yard, 35′ side yards, 50′ rear yard. A corner lot has two 75′ setbacks. Specific setbacks in a PUD (Planned Unit Development) are noted with the PUD documentation and may be confirmed by the Zoning Administrator.
Minimum Square Footage – 2500 sq. ft. habitable floor area minimum in R-1. Ground floor must be a minimum 1500 sq. ft. habitable floor area. Ground floor includes only living area. Minimum/maximum sq. ft. and bulk regulations for PUD’s may vary and may be confirmed by the Zoning Administrator.
Architecture Committee – The Village Office will inform the applicant of the time and place. Applicants are encouraged to attend and participate.
Construction Hours – are limited to 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Control of Site Sanitation – builder/contractor shall maintain site in a clean, healthy, safe and orderly manner. Each site is required to have dumpster and portable sanitary facilities. Burning of construction debris is not permitted. Builder/contractor shall be responsible to keep roadway free from dirt, clay and other construction debris on a daily basis.
Location of Underground Utilities – call J.U.L.I.E. 1-800-892-0123
Permit Lapses – a building permit lapses if a substantial start is not made in nine months, and after a twelve month period. Renewal Fee for first six months . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $500.00 plus an additional $5000 completion bond
for second six months . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $5000.00 plus an additional $10,000 completion bond
thereafter………………………. see Section 4-2-11 of Village Code
- Call before 4:00 p.m. to schedule an inspection a minimum of 24 hrs. in advance. You can request an a.m. or p.m. inspection, Monday thru Friday.
- Give the permit number and address when calling in for inspections.
- If the inspector needs to return more than once for the same phase of any required inspection, a $100.00 re-inspection fee is required to be paid before re-inspection.
- No re-inspection on the same phase of construction will be done in the same 24-hour period.
Construction without benefit of permit: Permit Fee + 50% fine ($150 minimum)
Violation of Stop Work Order: Fine of $50 – $500 per day
Unpermitted Occupancy – Fine of $50 – $500 per day