INSTALLATION / REPLACEMENT
Items Required To Obtain A Permit
- Building Permit Application (signed by the property owner)
- Roof plan indicating the location of the RTU.
- Detail of new curb or note existing curb to be used.
- Cut sheets and installation specifications.
- Economizer or fresh air damper set for the required amount of outside air for the occupancy.
- Completed Contractor Registration Form, $1,000,000 Certificate of Insurance listing homeowner as the additional insured pursuant to a written contract. There is a $50 fee for registration.
- Service outlet (GFI) must be on a separate 20 amp circuit.
- Smoke detector on return air side if greater than 2000 CFM.
- Letter of approval from owner of property or their agent/representative
Cost of Permit
- Plan Review $75.00
- Building Permit
- $125 per 3000 SF Heating
- $125 per 3000 SF A/C
Note: Additional fees may be required for changes to or the addition of duct work.
This handout is written as a guide to common questions and problems. It is not intended nor shall it be considered a complete set of requirements. If you have any questions, please contact the Building & Zoning Department at 847-438-6000 for further information.Print This Page